Asus Notebook (Laptop) Model
The wireless wi-fi on my Asus M52 Laptop is not working. I have a Windows XP operating system and my Laptop notebook model is Asus M5200AE built in the year 2004.
History of Problem
I turned off my computer for 8 weeks (2 months). When I turned on, it is obvious that the battery was completely drained because when I switched on the power button, it is completely black and won't turn on. I then plugged the charger and let my laptop charge for a good 4 to 5 hours. I then turned the power switch and finally started Windows. All was normally working except the wireless is not working.
- Check Wireless Adapter is properly installed. Right click My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Right click on the Wireless Adapter -> General -> This device is working properly
- Repair the Wireless Network Adapter. Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Right click Wireless Network Connection -> Repair
- Update Wireless Adapter driver. Right click My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Right click on the Wireless Adapter -> Update driver
- Enable the Wireless Network Adapter. Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Right click Wireless Network Connection -> Enable
- Press Fn F2 (wireless wi-fi toggle switch)
- Turn on the External Wireless Switch (normally physically slide the button wifi switch located on the side near the touchpad or track pad (the equivalent of a mouse))
- Enable Wireless Zero Configuration. Start -> Run -> services.msc -> Wireless Zero Configuration -> Startup type -> Automatic (the purpose of this is to ensure that the wireless adapter can detect and connect to a wireless network or a wi-fi hotspot)
- Reinstall the wireless network adapter. The official Asus support download site is below:
- Re-install the keyboard driver software... (This worked for me and solved the wireless problem)... Here is the Asus support download site:
The last recommendation/solution did the job. This worked like a charm! I downloaded the 2012 latest ATK Package for Windows (ATKPackage_WinXP_32_Z100015). Run the setup and Restarted my computer and it worked and solved the problem. The solution that worked for me did not come easy. It was after 3 to 4 months of combined online search and social person to person technical support.
Hope this helps anyone with similar wifi problems.
Feel free to share your troubleshooting experience on the Comments below.