Facebook.com is the most popular social media site that connects people and allows them to upload photos, videos and share links. It is currently the second most visited site in the world (just behind Google) and the best and number 1 social networking site worldwide. Launched in 2004, it has quickly grown through the years and has now over one billion active users around the globe with the reputation as the most used social networking service in the world.
Not easy to download albums within Facebook interface
Behind the success of Facebook, are the account holders, its own users. It is fairly easy to upload your pictures and videos in Facebook, however, it is a pain and grief to download your own photos and videos that belong to you. The old fashion way of saving photos in your computer is the Right-click > Save image as procedure. This method is time-consuming and very labor intensive. The process allows you to save only one image at a time. What if a user has albums with hundreds of photos in each album? It will take you forever to download them all! What a shame. This is something that Facebook staff, developers and programmers have to work on and improve upon. Remember that it is the users that made Facebook the best photo-sharing site so Facebook must also provide an easy way to download a group of pictures in a user's album. Because the pictures are the users' own property, Facebook must provide a convenient and easy way to download Facebook albums. Sadly, this is not the case.
Ways to download Facebook albums
There are a few methods how to download your albums from Facebook. One way is register to a site, login and then find your photos and download (Pick and Zip). Some site offers applications for photo downloading but at the same time include a toolbar coupled with numerous annoying offers (fbDownloader). Other sites allow you to create photo book and download features (Blurb). This is extra work.
Best way to download Facebook albums
Among the options mentioned above, the easiest way to download facebook albums is through your browser. There was a Firefox plugin called FacePAD which allows one-click download of Facebook albums. Unfortunately, it is now unavailable because it has been removed by the author. The good news is, there is a better and easier alternative, the facepaste Firefox addon. The best of all, is that it is free, easy and it is through a Firefox browser plug-in. This means you don't have to register to a site and create another user account, no malicious and deceptive toolbars, no annoying software or advertisements which often install suspicious programs in your computer, a frustrating waste of time, effort, space and computer resource.
How to install facepaste Firefox plugin (Facebook album downloader):
a. Open Firefox internet browser.
b. Go to Tools > Add-ons > On the search bar, type facepaste.
c. Install facepaste. This awesome and powerful Firefox browser addon by Delan Azabani is simply the best, fastest and easiest Facebook album downloader.
d. Restart Firefox.
e. Login to your Facebook.com account.
How to download single albums in Facebook using facepaste Firefox plug-in:
1. Open the album you want to download in Facebook.
2. Right click on any picture on the album.
3. Select Download Facebook album(s).
4. On the Albums white box, click on the album you want to download.
5. On the Options, Save Photos to, click the ? button and select which folder in your computer you want your photos or videos to be downloaded.
6. Select the Output file naming of your pictures.
7. Choose which action when album folder already exists in your computer.
8. Click Start button.
How to download multiple albums in Facebook using facepaste Firefox add-on:
1. Click on the Album button in Facebook.
2. Once all your Photo Albums show in Facebook, right-click on any album and Select Download Facebook album(s). Facepaste will load a list of all your albums available for download on your PC, tablet, or laptop.
3. Click on the albums you want to download. For multiple selections of albums, press and hold the CTRL (Control button) and click on the albums for downloading.
4. Follow steps 5 to 8 on the Procedure for single album downloads above.